[IP] Insulin pumps mentioned in MLB coverage

I'm watching the coverage of the Mariners/Orioles game on FOX Sports Net --
Jason Johnson, who's diabetic and an insulin pumper (he was featured in
Diabetes Interview last year), is pitching for the Orioles.  One of the
commentators described him as a "bad" diabetic who uses an insulin pump and
"has to be carefully monitored all the time" (by that I assume they mean he
tests frequently?)

I know we can't expect sports commentators to have a lot of medical
knowledge, but would it be so hard to describe him as an "insulin
dependent" diabetic (since "type 1" wouldn't mean much to most
viewers)?   And to explain that a pump is simply a tool for treating
insulin dependent diabetes (and is usually far superior to injections)
rather than make it sound like a drastic measure that one would only use if
their diabetes was really "bad"?  If they're going to mention players'
medical conditions on the air, I don't think it's too much to ask for them
to get the basic facts straight.

Oh well....it's still cool to hear references to pumps, I guess....

Go Mariners!!  :-)