[IP] bolus before bath or shower - NOT!

> I have 1 suggestion Dawn, when I take a shower(sometimes) I will
> bolus 1 hrs worth of my basal insulin, then remove my pump and
> reconnect after the hour is up. I was thinking you could do
> something like that, just make sure you reconnect to bolus every
> hour(you might be able to go 2 hrs, I dunno) Hope that helps! Tami
> in Tucson

hmmm..... it's probably not a good idea to bolus just before a hot
shower or bath. Heating the skin speeds absorption of sub-cu insulin
and can easily produce and unexpected low. The phenomena has been
reported by numerous people over the years wondering why they get low
in the hot tub or during/after a hot shower.