[IP] ACE Inhibitor Question

I think everyone can relate to the joys of managed care.  Accupril (Quinapril
HCL) is the 'preferred' ACE inhibitor with my health plan, and unfortunately,
there is no generic available.  Accurpril was itself recommended as the
alternative to Altace/Ramipril.  As of June 1, the co-pays with my
prescription formulary were modified, and the cost of mail order prescriptions
(for a 90 day supply) has doubled, so they are now only marginally less
expensive than refilling them at my local pharmacy.
I was reading up on the subject and learned that there is another drug called
Captopril within the angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor category
which is significantly less expensive because its available as a generic.  I
was wondering whether it might be worth asking my endo about this as an
alternative to Accupril?  Does anyone else uses Captopril as their ACE
inhibitor?  Does anyone have any suggestions on this topic?  If so, please
feel free to e-mail me directly.

Dx'd Type 1 9/1976 at age 7, pumping with Animas R1000 since 6/2002 at age 33