[IP] Re: Pump and radiation

>  Dawn, I would find someone at the pump company who knows exactly what the
> pump-radiation problem involves and can evaluate your technical situation.
> major question is 'can anything be done to protect an operating pump from
> these rays? Electrical circuits can be designed or shielded to protect
> from this environment. Maybe you could wear a light-weight shield around
> pump.

But, wasn't the original *problem* about Dawn working with MRIs - not
rays/radiation? The MRI (Magnetic Imaging Resonance(?) ) as Jan C has said,
is VERY strong magnets that will rip apart a pump. These are not *rays*.
People with steel plates in their heads or elsewhere in their bodies cannot
have MRIs. A boy was killed in one when someone forgot to remove a metal
wastebasket from a room and WHAM it went right in. A lightweight shield
would do no good as it would have to be metal and be ripped off.

IMHO the pump must be removed each time when dealing with a patient in MRI.

Plan ahead -- It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark