[IP] Reasonable accomodations

Re, below, anyone in these circumstances, run, not walk, to your nearest
EEOC.  I believe that that's the place to start.  You employer is
obligated to make reasonable accomodations for your "disability" in your
work environment.  In relationship to the job where you were just
terminated, it looks like you have a lawsuit there.  I'm not a lawyer,
but I have done research into the Americans with Disabilities Act.  You
are under no obligation to communicate anything about your illness prior
to getting hired.

HELP????

I just started with this group a couple weeks ago..

 I am a licensed MRI tech that was diagnosed 3 years ago Type 1 and have
had a
pump for 1 1/2 years anyway to make it short...

 My employer terminated me last month because they changed my position
hours so
that I would be working by myself...unfortunately the MRI machine's magnetic
field is always on and this is the only equipment that the pump cant be near
so..they terminated me because of the pump I use.

 I have been a MRI tech for 15 years and love my career! i would hate to
have to

 Most facilities use 2 technologist to efficiently run the machine but
with the
financial problems and cutbacks It seems some places are trying to get
by with 1
tech.

 I applied for a job before I was terminated and interviewed after I was
terminated and today YEA they offered me a position.....

only problem is i will be working by myself again...

Do I give up control of diabetes although not controlled yet  brittle
diabetes
and take the pump on/off for each patient despite what my DR recommends

OR

Little ones!

OR
wait and enjoy unemployment
 I'm going to be paying $1000 /mo for my cobra insurance and I'm using my
unemployment for that.

OR

 I would like to tell them I'm diabetic and have a pump and when they have a
position available that I would be working with another tech I would be
interested!

 My mom says they will never call me!!!! Diabetics are a crunch on their
medical
Insurance and which I'm sure is another reason my small employer
terminated me
too and
employers like flexibility.

any suggestions would help....
  A. would you get rid of your pump and do shots
                                            B .take it on/off
  C. wait for the next opportunity and tell them after you are hired you
have a
pump and cant take pump off to bring patient in/out room.

  D. tell the new employer you need to work with a coworker or have an
assistant
to bring patients in/out room?

 I haven't had a chance to bring this issue to the EEOC in reference to
my prior
employer but will see how I can follow thru IN REFERENCE TO JOB
ACCOMMODATIONS
AND DISCRIMINATIONS AS I WAS DOING MY JOB WITH EXCELLENT REVIEWS BEFORE THEY
CHANGED THE JOB FROM P/T TO F/T AND LATER SHIFT

thanks Dawn!