Re: [IP] re: vision changes/no carb diet for type 1?

At 03:40 PM 7/7/03, Jenny wrote:
>I doubt seriously if they type 1's and living on no insulin. Even before
>insulin with the Allen diet and what? 400 cal a day, maybe 2 oz of white
>meat chicken and some forms of vegetables, one lived for perhaps 2-3 years
>before dying.
>That is just strange.
>- -- Do not argue with Dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with
>AOL-IM: Wyldceltic1

I agree.  It takes insulin to stay alive without eating anything!  What do
you think your basal is for?  It should keep your bg at a good level while
FASTING!  So, how could a person eat even a limited diet and keep good
control with NO insulin at all?