[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #378

 Thanks so much to the reply I appreciate any input as Im just at a loss for
words, emotions etc!!
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 11:59:31 -0700
From: Wyldcelt <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] MRI questions-Employment

On 7/7/03 11:47 AM, "Dawn Vesneske" <email @ redacted>
Demonstrated stellar typing skills by writing:

 > A. would you get rid of your pump and do shots I dont want to!! thats why Im
terminated now!
HECK NO!!

>                                           B .take it on/off
Take it off when you have to and put it back on. How many patients do you
 actually place into the room in a day? I do 8-10 patients a day meaning atleast
2x in the room more if a problem

> C. wait for the next opportunity and tell them after you are hired you have a
> pump and cant take pump off to bring patient in/out room.
That could be taken as lying by the employer. You should have an employment
contract and all set up before telling but be ready for them to whine about
 this. Healthcare never has an employee contract and I live in IL which is an at
will employer
 > D. tell the new employer you need to work with a coworker or have an
> to bring patients in/out room?

I'd feel this one out first. Try a few days with taking it off and putting
on again, talk to your supervisor and tell them what you can do first and
 then ask what they can do. Im scared that will put me in the same position and
they will let me go

Could a small lead pouch protect the pump from all the waves? Or some other
pouch to keep it in and on your hip?  No because lead is highly magnetic

- -- I am Pentium of Borg...Division is futile. Prepare to be approximated!

Jenny Sutherland