In a message dated 7/7/03 3:01:34 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Dawn Vesneske wrote:
> >tunately the MRI machine's magnetic
> >field is always on and this is the only equipment that the pump cant be
> near
> >so..they terminated me because of the pump I use.
> >I have been a MRI tech for 15 years and love my career! i would hate to
> have
> I wonder if there is some kind of lead case that the pump could be shielded
> with?

Again: The MRI works with magnets (read the first sentence.) A lead case
would only add to the problem.

I cannot think of *any* material I would want to encase my pump in and walk
into a room with an MRI machine. An MRI does not use x-rays: It uses very
 powerful magnets. I would not chance harming my porta-pancreas. I'm not exactly
 sure that the warranty would cover what the MRI machine would do to the pump --
especially after warnings from the company NOT to wear the pump around an MRI

Jan and ElvisToo