On 7/7/03 1:00 PM, "email @ redacted" <email @ redacted> Demonstrated stellar
typing skills by writing:

> I wonder if there is some kind of lead case that the pump could be shielded
> with?
> Susan

(Whew!) I am not alone!

It was clarified to me though that no metal can be worn around an MRI. Lead,
being a metal I really didn't consider that, as lead is not overtly
magnetic. I've tried to pick up metal things with a strong magnet when I was
a kid and lead lust sat there. No reaction to the magnet at all.

But apparently, no one has any ideas other than that....Wondering now if a
thick plastic (Like a soap dish holding the pump in heavy plastic bags or
something) couldn't work?

Just trying to think of ways she can have the Job and money without having
to go off the darn pump. I'm not a scientist, but just someone trying to
learn like the rest of y'all.

-- When physicists are cornered by a problem they can't solve, they add
another dimension.

AOL-IM: Wyldceltic1

Jenny Sutherland