Re: [IP] re: vision changes/no carb diet for type 1?

On 7/6/03 9:09 PM, "Faith" <email @ redacted> Demonstrated stellar
typing skills by writing:

> Well it may be a rare thing but I know someone here who is an RN and
> very into holistic health stuff, she is head of that kind of stuff at
> one of the local hospitals.  Both of her parents are type 1 diabetics
> since they were children and she has them eating an almost no carb diet
> and they are having good control with no insulin.  She tried to give me
> info about it but honestly, I'd rather take insulin and eat what i want
> to than to eat that kind of diet.
> It may work for some people but golly.
> not for me for sure.

I doubt seriously if they type 1's and living on no insulin. Even before
insulin with the Allen diet and what? 400 cal a day, maybe 2 oz of white
meat chicken and some forms of vegetables, one lived for perhaps 2-3 years
before dying.

That is just strange.

-- Do not argue with Dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with
Ketchup!

AOL-IM: Wyldceltic1

Jenny Sutherland
http://www.wyldcelt.com