[IP] Re: Cure for diabetes

To those who are against Embryonic Stem Cell Research, if you want to
understand the position, you must first accept their belief (which also
happend to be my own) that life begins at conception.  Once that is
accepted (whether you agree with it or not) you can understand the
position of being against embryonic stem cell research.  Killing an
embryo to extract stem cells is the same, to those people including
myself, as committing murder.  WOuld you find it acceptable to murder
certain people if it was determined that their bodies could be used to
cure all kinds of diseases?  Probably not.  Well, in the eyes of those
who are against ESCR (abbreviated henceforth), it is the same scenario.

The good news, however, is that a couple months agree significant
progress was made in the area of ADULT stem cell research.  They were
able to isolate the genes that cause an adult stem cell to start acting
like an embryonic stem cell.  The news is exciting, because, while
there is still work to do, it proves that embryos are NOT necessary for
research...instead, more focus needs to be FIRST placed on the adult
stem cell arena.  Once they do this, then they will be able to continue
with stem cell research in general without ever harming a single
embryo.  A few months back, the argument was that adult stem cells
aren't as "usable" as embryonic...but this new breakthrough shows that
just won't be the case in a few years.

For the record, I'm fine with stem cell research that does NOT involve
embryonic stem cells.  But, I'm vehemently against embryonic stem cell
research.  To me, the loss of one life doesn't justify the saving of