[IP] re: low carb/ no insulin "therapy" for type 1

 <<<<<<<<< From: "Marisa Schmidt" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] low carb/no insulin "therapy" for type 1

I think your friend is confused.  Before the discovery of insulin the
therapy was, as you described, a very low carb diet - otherwise known as
the starvation diet.  Some patients were able to survive several years
doing this.  One young man actually survived 6 years.  However, these
patients were skeletal and horribly weak.  They did not lead normal
lives.  To survive you must feed your cells and to feed your cells you
must have insulin.  I think this is dangerous misinformation to spread.

Good grief, what is it with this list latelly??
All I shared is what someone I met who is an RN and well versed in
naturopathic stuff said about her own parents (whose dr is very happy
with their A1c's) is doing.  Her parents are not skeletal or weak and
have been doing this for more than 10 years.
I would not do this or recomend it to anyone else.
I am not spreading dangerous misinformation, just the experience of
someone I met.

I hate getting jumped on on this list.

pumping since 08-00