[IP] Re: How Many Basal Rates?

 When I started on the pump, the doctor and trainer estimated my basal dosage
from the amount I was taking by syringe with out the meal boluses (I was already
counting carbs).
 The set it up at .5 units/hour to start, and I had to test every 2 hours for
several days to find my pattern. As I progressed, we found times I needed a
larger basal (dawn phen), and times I needed a lower basal. I have 6 basals in a
normal day. It works for me. Everyone is different. We are not robots.