[IP] Re: Up a creek?

    The pancreas puts out more than just insulin (in a precursor form). It
presents these products to the body via the liver. It reacts to different
body situations ( such as feed back loops)  that the BG meter and pump do
not, can not recognize. The pump only puts an insulin analog in to our
capillaries. There are differences in how our bodies react to these two
different delivery systems. Like it or not the pump is a crutch. Because of
the differences between these systems you can not just 'eat and bolus'.
Trying to cope with this difference makes 'diet' important. You should be
able to demonstrate how the 'eat and bolus' approach does not work by
looking at BG readings after you eat various foods.
   I think that the immunity statement has been addressed by others but it
makes me wonder if this is being mixed up with 'insulin resistance' or the
common ,long term ineffectiveness of T2 orals.        Peter