[IP] how long for a pump?

I decided I wanted one in december of 1992.  I found the only doctor at the
time in Ft. Lauderdale who was putting patients on them and got an appointment
with him in mid January 1993.  I told him I wanted a pump - he said come back
in a month with logs showing i was testing my blood 8 times a day and logging
my food, so i did....and he scheduled my pump start for the 1st week in March.
 I showed up at the hospital on March 1 or 2, and they brought in my
pump.....so, less than 2 weeks for me...

but as they say....YMMV

Sara SP