[IP] Re:Mac software

     Earlier this year I talked to people at LifeScan about the possibility
of having Mac compatible programs for the Ultra. The important factor seems
to be their perception of how many Mac using customers they have. Mac's
percent of the total market doesn't matter that much. This LifeScan person
said that the number of Mac software complaints is the critical factor for
expanding  into the Mac world. That makes sense. The sad fact is that Mac
users naturally do not complain much about the limited software market
because it has always been there ( or not there). We know what the
alternative is.
  But even with just 10% of the world market what if a company that faced
the question of,' to be or not to be Mac' found that 50% of their customers
were Mac users? My guess is that the 10% figure would not mean much.
     Do I hear those insufficiently lubricated wheels?         Peter