[IP] Problems of late

I have been using the Paradigm pump since January 2003.  So far, I've had
pretty good results with it and I finally got to a point where I feel pretty
comfortable with knowing how it effects me.  Lately, however, I seem to be
having problems with eating foods that are outside of the norm for me, even
though I am counting carbs according to the amounts given by the source.
For instance, I can eat a meal with food I have been eating for years and be
fine with my blood sugar levels.  But tonight I went to Wendy's and had a
Cheeseburger deluxe, plain baked potato, and a small frosty.  According to
TWO sources, both the nutritional information provided by Wendy's and the
"Fast Food Facts" book, these three items have a total of 164 grams of
carbohydrate (a lot, I know, but I was taking advantage of the fact I can do
this once in a while on the pump).  My insulin-to-carb ratio is 1:14, so I
took 11.7 units of insulin.  My blood sugar was at 132 before the meal.  3
hours after the meal, it was 459.  I have not been having problems with bent
cannulas or bad sites or anything like that.  It just seems to be when I try
to go out of my "box" and eat something I don't eat on a regular basis.
Sometimes I do okay with this, but lately I just haven't been.  Has anyone
else had this experience?  If so, what has worked for you?  Thanks for your