[IP] New Topic - Maintaining Control

Bekka -

 <<I didn't start really taking care of myself until I was almost 24 and now the
sky is the limit as far as my control goes... >>

 As I've said before, I am glad (choking on my own words) that Joshua was
diagnosed so young. He doesn't know anything else. All mom's come in during the
night & STAB their kids, suck their blood up with a test strip & then fool
around finding the pump to bolus or shove a Juicy Juice straw in their kids'
mouth. Just a fact of life.

<<can't imagine watching someone go through this part.... >>

 I can't imagine going through this with a teen or with my daughter who is 21.
(No control for a control-freak like me would cause me to have a nervous
breakdown.) At least I'm the one managing Joshua's diabetes, i.e. TOTAL control
over a control-less disease!

Mom to Joshua, 3, dx'd. @ 20 mos.-Pumping Cozmo 6/3/03 & Jessie 21
western Massachusetts