[IP] re: vision changes/no carb diet for type 1?

 <<<<<<<<<<< ubject: [IP] Re: vision changes

>>From: "Anita C. Goode" <email @ redacted>
I was originally diagnosed as type 2, even though my blood sugar was
approaching 400.  I immediately went on an almost no carb diet, and
achieved good control.<<

Hi Anita,

I don't know what you mean that you were originally dx as Type 2,
even though your blood sugar was approaching 400.  My dad is a Type 2
and his blood sugar gets that high at times.  A low-carb diet (and/or
oral meds) would have no impact in control for a Type 1 diabetic.

Cindy, mom to 16 y/o Noah, dx age 9, pumping since 6/99>>>>>>>>>>>

Well it may be a rare thing but I know someone here who is an RN and
very into holistic health stuff, she is head of that kind of stuff at
one of the local hospitals.  Both of her parents are type 1 diabetics
since they were children and she has them eating an almost no carb diet
and they are having good control with no insulin.  She tried to give me
info about it but honestly, I'd rather take insulin and eat what i want
to than to eat that kind of diet.
It may work for some people but golly.
not for me for sure.

pumping since 08-00