Re:[IP] "immune" to the effects of insulin - and be up a the creek?

On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 14:37:13 -0600, Carl Findeiss wrote:
 >> Question: On a MM 508 for 2 years now, Wifey says that I should NOT
use the
pump as a crutch.
  Eat anything, and just bolus for it. She says the insulin will work
for a
while, but then I will become
"immune" to the effects of insulin - and be up a the creek?
  Any truth to this? <<

You can tell your wife that I have used insulin every day for 60.5
years. My current TDD is 33-37 units (on a MM 508), which I consider to
be a very normal value and not at all suggestive of immunity.

Tom Beatson
dx 12/1942, 506 1995, 508 2000