[IP] Effects of Long Term BG Corrections

 Question: On a MM 508 for 2 years now, Wifey says that I should NOT use the
pump as a crutch.
 Eat anything, and just bolus for it. She says the insulin will work for a
while, but then I will become
"immune" to the effects of insulin - and be up a the creek?
 Any truth to this? I have heard of a very few people - that insulin does not
continue to work, but think
that is the exception - not the rule.
 A normal body produces insulin, and can handle mild abuse, does one really need
to lead a greatly
 regimented life - while on the pump? I do monitor and bolus frequently, but
concerned for long-term

Email me direct if you wish.
Carl from Colorado