[IP] Re: Visual changes with better BG?

>>>When I was diagnosed in 1997 my blood sugars were around 400.  I am
really nearsighted (20 x 350).  I cannot even see the speedometer without my
contacts or glasses.  Over the next couple weeks as I started treatment and
brought my blood sugars down my vision improved to the point that I couldn't
drive >>>

Required vision for driving is at least 20/40 in one eye - with correction.
When my vision digressed to 20/400 (four hundred) while wearing glasses, I
could not even see my facial features in the mirror - which was scary to not
see myself. It was distressing to go into the familiar aisles of a
supermarket and not be able to identify the individual packages on the
shelves, read the labels, nor the large signs telling what was in that
aisle. I couldn't even fill my pump reservoir nor detect bubbles. I had to
write large notes with a Sharpie.  A vitrectomy for me gave my vision back -
as well as laser, two ptosis repairs, and two cataract implants. YMMV

Regular naps prevent old age.....especially if you take them while driving.