Subject: [IP] Visual changes with better BG?

Anyone know if one week (and I mean one week only) of better BG control
result in visual problems with my prescriptions? I'm on a new pump and
all my
numbers are way down, but suddenly my contacts and glasses are not
working too

When I was diagnosed in 1997 my blood sugars were around 400.  I am really,
really nearsighted (20 x 350).  I cannot even see the speedometer without my
contacts or glasses.  Over the next couple weeks as I started treatment and
brought my blood sugars down my vision improved to the point that I couldn't
drive because my vision was too good for my glasses, but not quite good enough
to feel comfortable driving.  I could watch TV from across the room, read
signs from a hundred feet away, and recognize faces 1/2 a block away.  What a
change for someone who had spent their life reading with the book touching my
nose whenever I took off my glasses.

Alas, the change was not permanent!  As the fluid in my eyes re-established
itself I returned to my normal nearsighted self and was back to my old
prescription within a few weeks.  Oh well!    : )

Yessi Palmer