Re: [IP] Needed to kinda vent(long)

In a message dated 7/5/2003 11:10:15 AM Alaskan Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:
> Good things comes to those who wait
> :)
> Tina

What a sad and wonderful story. I am not a highly religious person, but I do
have my beliefs and one of them is that you have a destiny, and if you are
patient enough, the right door will open.

My name is also Tina. You have come to the right place. I have not had as
 rough time as you, but I am also currently unemployed/uninsured and if I had
had all the support of IP, I KNOW that I would have way slipped in my care and
would me in much worse shape by now, due to lack of funds and depression. It
is easy to just NOT test one day, then the next, know you are out of whack and
just not want to face the numbers/reality and soon, you have only once or
twice during the past week, or not at all. Then you get sick and end up in the
hospital, owing more money. I vicious cycle.

I am so glad that you were able to continue with your D* care ! That is the
one most important thing you could have done for yourself. Think of where you
would be now, when that opportunity for the full time job arose, and your
health was bad.

You have gone through an incredibly hard year, one that nobody should have to
deal with, but you MADE it. It doesn't help much, but I always say: You can't
know how good good is, if you haven't experienced the bad. Then when things
are good again, you will realize just how good they are. It is easy to not be
thankful for what we have, whether it is a little or a lot. It is easy to be
envious of the famous people, who own 5 different cars, and you only have one
and that needs repairing. But then, there are many who do not even have a car,
or cannot even drive one, for various reasons. Be thankful for what you have.

Feel free to email me ANY time you need to blast, need a hug, for the good
 and the bad. I will be willing to listen and give you (anyone), the best
I can. We all need to let go sometimes and have no one to just sit and listen
and other times we need someone to cheer with and may not have support for
either. Either way, it is good for us to get it out.

Have a GREAT weekend and congratulations on your current and future
successes. Tina