Re: [IP] new doctor- now I'm confused

<<  For instance, the other one had me on a correction bolus of 30:1.  This
one says that was way too high and put me on 50:1 and said that may even
be too high. >>

Julie, by looking at your most recent logs can you tell if the old correction
factor was working?    Perhaps he thinks it was over-correcting based on
your records.

<< I used to have a basal profile with 6 different doses.  The new one says
that's not usually right except for someone who exercises at a certain time
or has other unusual circumstances, so she put me on 4.>>

Hey if the 6 different basals were good for you then stick with them.    I've
heard Dr's and CDE's say that so many basals aren't necessary and too
much work!   But if you've found that they work, then stick with them.
My son has 6 different basals a day, plus FOUR different basal programs
 in his pump---normal days,  high stress days,   hormones,  and illness.
We set the pump to run on whichever program best fits that day.    He
once was on 18 different doses a day when we were first getting him
on the pump.    Dr. had us alternating back and forth from one doseage
to another hourly.

<<She also spent a lot of time checking my thyroid, and also did blood work.
The other one never checked my thyroid and only did a urine test once a year,

said cholesterol was my primary care doc's job and never mentioned thyroid.>>

Since Zachary was diagnosed at age 3 (10+ yrs ago) the hospital has
always done blood work and examined his thyroid at each visit.    Twice
a year they check for thyroid problems with the blood work ups.

Extra tests can't hurt you.   I'd rather a Dr. was pro-active to help
early diagnose any problems.    As for the correction boluses and basals,
I'd just take a good look at your records yourself and then make your own
decision using your analysis and the Dr's input.

Barbara A. Petzoldt - Pump Mama to Zachary (13 1/2,  Dx 2/93, 508 2/02,
Paradigm  8/16/02,  and now ANIMAS IR1000  3/18/03 ) --------and MaMa to
Jennifer (turning 21 this summer), Allison (18), Rachel (7)
Fenton, MO