Re: [IP] Re: Humor in testing-how many of you have spurted while testing?

Here's my funny. Just last week, my parents were here visiting
from Boise. My 10yo son had dark circles under his eyes so granny
insisted I test his bg and check him for anemia (I have some
special filter paper that you blot the blood on and compare it to
a color chart). So, I did, using the FreeStyle lancet device. The
lancet device was set to the very lowest setting but for some
reason when I poked his arm, blood started *pouring* out all over
the place. It was pretty messy! He was a trooper though. I've
never seen anything like that happen in almost 7yrs of dealing
with diabetes with my daughter! That had my mom convinced that he
had a clotting disorder! *sigh* (He's never bled like that before
when we've tested so I seriously doubt it. I think we just hit a
vein or something.) I'm just glad Shannon didn't have a site
gusher while granny was here! LOL

Take care, Kerri, mom to Shannon - soon to be 13, dx 11/96,
pumping 11/99, and 7 other blessings :)