Re: [IP] My Brand of Good News

Laura Shapiro shared:
>do you drop like mad if you walk through the grocery
>store or something? <snip>
>I can hold at 80 (especially now that I am on the new
>pump) but I cannot function at 70.

I respond:

Exactly!  Except I function at 70, 60, 50, 40, 30...
Last time the paramedics were in my bedroom I was
"functioning" at 15 (only I didn't know it).

My BG target is 150.  The risk of crashing is too
great and my Endo says DON'T GO THERE.  (Besides, a
NORMAL A1c is 6.5 - and he says going lower is
fruitless.  Before anyone starts giving me comments
off-list about it - I get my diabetes care from the
Barbara Davis Center for Diabetes Research.)

So, I'm extremely happy with my good news and know
that between my genetics and my self-care I must be
doing *something* right.

Congrats on your successes so far Laura!  I'll toast
to you tonight too! :)

-gail in denver

Do you Yahoo!?