[IP] Flying

On my recent trip from DC to Calgary (via Minneapolis) and back on
Northwest Airlines, the instructions given on one of the legs of the
flight seemed to clearly require me to in some way disable my pump.
Since the instructions on the other flights were clearly referring to
cellphones, laptops, and such, I just ignored it <gr.>, but does anyone
have any idea that there is any potential problem at all?  Should we be
avoiding flights with too many people with pacemakers?

I just pictured pulling up those little round batteries from the Animas
and having them all roll down the aisle <gr.>.

Also, it had never occurred to me to remove meters from my carry-ons
when putting them through security.  But one security person (in DC)
was being rather menacing about removing any battery-powered devices,
so I felt obligated to dig them out.  I've never even considered doing
that before, and no one has ever said anything.  My pump did not set
off either the machines or the wand on the flight where I was pulled
over at boarding.  I was asked on a couple planes if I was carrying
anything sharp, and I said yes, insulin syringes (figured that would do
as a generic term for the pump supplies, too), and that caused no
concern, evidently. They asked no more questions.

Linda Z