[IP] suck and language and dating

When I first met my husband, I didn't mention my diabetes till the
second or third date.  I was afraid I would be rejected as too high
maintenance.  I wasn't on the pump at the time, and I was also diagnosed
as a Type 2.

Well now, three years later, he has gone through lots of permutations
with me.  My diabetes, my pump(for the past year), are all part of
living with my idiosyncracies.  I think so much of the ease about the
diabetes has come from my own self acceptance of having the illness.

He is not my caretaker, but he does take care of me (and vice versa.)
There are people out there for whom you having diabetes is just another
interesting, lovable fact.

I find this listserv enormously helpful and accepting in moving through
my daily life.  Thank you all.