[IP] Re: Maintaining Control

>>>I recall the times my Mother told me all the horrible complications of
Diabetes...even though it was sincere fear on her part for my benefit...the
advice was not needed nor was it what I wanted to hear.>>>

Tonight at my dialysis session two ladies brought in a young girl (early
20s??) and showed her the facility. They talked at length to the director,
Merrill. Merrill took her over to a guy who runs for 5.5 hours 3x a week and
they talked awhile. I saw one of them take her aside and tlk privately a
bit, then back to Merrill. I heard another one tell her if you take your
insulin and watch what you eat, you won't have to come here. We want to keep
you out of here.
Mmerrill brought her over to me and showed her my arm. She said, "She comes
in a washes it and we stick 2 needles in." Simple as that. HA!!! Nothing
said about the times I have bawled, or the 5 sticks at one session, or the
Emla not working good enough, or not being able to move around for 5 hours,

WELLLLLLLL, nothing was said about the luck of the gene pool! What a
devestation *if* she does comply and complications set in. She will feel
they have lied to her. Sad.

Isn't making a no-smoking section in a restaurant like making a no-peeing
section in a swimming pool?