[IP] re: on subject I PROMISE

<<<<<<I Am curious. Have you tried plain old JUICE to bring those BGs up
in the next 15 minutes? They have those little boxes of apple juice, Hi
and Orange/Sunny-D etc... That box of juice and a packet of cheese
or peanut butter crackers, or a nutri-grain bar gets and keeps me

In all the years of diabetes I've used just about every combination.  I
found out about airheads on this list and it works well, nothing else
would work any quicker.  It's just those times when I catch it and it's
on the way down that it takes so long to come back up.
I told my endo about this list and the airheads and she loved the idea,
it's just the right amount of recommended carbs (15) and easy to carry.
She passed the idea on to all of her kid pumpers.
Cheese crackers or peanut butter crackers would just add calories that i
don't want and wouldn't make a difference to me in my blood sugars.
What I was told is that if your basals are set right you don't need to
follow up with long acting carbs and protein.
I am hyper aware of the importance of not driving when low and the
article in a recent Diabetes Forecast made me realize how right I was,
how much your ability to think and make good decisions go out the window
as your blood sugars go down.  I usually have my son in the car with me
and share snacks with him as we wait together.

YMMV of course,

pumping since 08-00