Re: [IP] New Topic - Maintaining Control

At 11:58 AM 7/2/03 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 07/02/2003 11:41:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>email @ redacted writes:
> > Things I know I should do to keep better control:
> >
> > STRICT Carb counting. I'm sure I'm not the only person who guesses on
> > carbs from time to time, but I go through huge periods of guessing.
> >
> > Record keeping. Yes, I'm a bad pumper. I never kept logbooks or any of
> > that. For the last 6 months or so I've forced myself to keep records,
> > ironically, I think it actually helps. My records are still bad, but it's
> > something I need to learn.
> >
> > Analyzing records. This goes hand in hand with actually KEEPING records.
> > Unfortunately, I have a REACTIVE personality and I need to develop a
> > PROACTIVE personality. I'm really trying on this whole record thing :)
> >
> > Better choices. Food is my weakness. I love it all, especially those
> > things diabetics 'shouldn't eat'. I don't follw the rules with food.
> >

> > Anyone else have any ideas?
> >
> > -Jef
> >
>Jef I may be wrong I think Renee is looking for a way to impress Melissa keep
>a tighter control. All of what you said are good, but she can't be there to
>count carbs all the time

Remember her daughter is in her first or second year of college.  Lots of
peer pressure, new friends, and probably her first time alone from Mom/home
for an extended period of time.  She is bound to "experiment" on her
control.  I really wouldn't worry about it for right now, as she will "grow
out" of this period in her life..  I'm like Roger, and long term diabetic
(since 1957). Melissa now has the tools to control her diabetes,  which
Roger and I didn't have.  Now my diabetes is in control (last A1c was 5.0),
and I think this comes with age.