Re: [IP] New Topic - Maintaining Control

In a message dated 7/2/2003 12:00:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Jef I may be wrong I think Renee is looking for a way to impress Melissa
> keep
> a tighter control. All of what you said are good, but she can't be there to
> count carbs all the time

Jef's comments are actually helpful because it corroborates that just
 "knowing" what one "should" do is a long way from actually DOING it....I guess
I'm looking for are "true confessions" from all of you who have been in that
 "can't get yourself motivated to do what would make you feel better", as to HOW
you actually GOT PAST that phase......I know it becomes a vicious cycle of
lows, rebounds, feeling awful & not wanting to do what's needed, etc....I also
know that I struggled with weight loss for decades & have now been a Weight
 Watchers "lifetimer" for the first time ever for the past 12
 because I FINALLY accepted that there ARE consequences to not doing what's best
for my overall health....I don't want to wait decades for Review Committee
(with Adriana's mom) has "opened my eyes" to TOO MUCH awareness of the ravages
of erratic bgs......
Renee (frustrated long-distance pump mom)