Re: [IP] New Topic - Maintaining Control

>        I'd like to hear from those of you pumping 5-10 years now: have you
> maintained consistently "acceptable" control?? if so, HOW?? If not, have you
 > regained better control after periods of "nonchalance"- if so, HOW? If you've
 > learned "tricks of the trade" that have enabled you to achieve better
> HOW????

Man, if you get an answer to this question, I'd love to hear it :)

I woulnd't say I have bad control, my A1Cs have bee really good lately
(5.9, 6.1, 6.3) but things can always get better.

I've been through periods of nonchalance, I think it happens to the best
of us. My biggest problems with control usually stem from food. I love
food, all sorts of it, I also love Coca Cola but I digress....

Things I know I should do to keep better control:

STRICT Carb counting. I'm sure I'm not the only person who guesses on
carbs from time to time, but I go through huge periods of guessing.

Record keeping. Yes, I'm a bad pumper. I never kept logbooks or any of
that. For the last 6 months or so I've forced myself to keep records,
ironically, I think it actually helps. My records are still bad, but it's
something I need to learn.

Analyzing records. This goes hand in hand with actually KEEPING records.
Unfortunately, I have a REACTIVE personality and I need to develop a
PROACTIVE personality. I'm really trying on this whole record thing :)

Better choices. Food is my weakness. I love it all, especially those
things diabetics 'shouldn't eat'. I don't follw the rules with food.

Anyone else have any ideas?