[IP] New Topic - Maintaining Control

       Leaving behind the "language" issues of the past few days, let's move
on to something more pragmatic: CONTROL.....
       I'd like to hear from those of you pumping 5-10 years now: have you
maintained consistently "acceptable" control?? if so, HOW?? If not, have you
regained better control after periods of "nonchalance"- if so, HOW? If you've
learned "tricks of the trade" that have enabled you to achieve better control,
       Not having diabetes myself, but watching my daughter's control remain
"stuck" in the high 8s for the past year, I'm curious what advice the BTDTers
( been there/done that) can offer to a 20-something (not living at home) who's
well-aware of what she SHOULD be doing, but isn't doing it....Is this
inevitable? Is it just another facet of the relentlessness of the diabetes
24/7???...if you struggled, what helped you to get back on track????....
      My concern is also stemming from hearing more "stories" of CDEs taking
teens off of the pump because they've become too cavlaier/nonchalant about
 their diabetes......so if you went off the pump for a "Lantus/Humalog
did that make your return to the pump more diligent????
Renee ( Melissa's pump mom- "unattached" to her literally, but always
"attached" figuratively as a mom!)