Re: [IP] compact meter

> Julie,
>  I also have a compact meter, and YES, you can use it to do alternate site
> testing. My lancing device came with a second cap for this (its
>  clear). However I have found that the sample size that the compact
requires to
> be a little big to reliably use alternate sites (it may be that
> I just don't bleed well enough).
Or you could buy a Bayer Microlet Vaculance lancing device.  They are a
expensive ($25 compared to free!) but that's all we've been using since my
son was diagnosed three years ago.  He refuses to test in his fingers and
the lancing device with the clear cap often didn't draw enough blood not a
problem with the Vaculance.

mom to Sean