Re: [IP] compact meter

 I also have a compact meter, and YES, you can use it to do alternate site
testing. My lancing device came with a second cap for this (its
 clear). However I have found that the sample size that the compact requires to
be a little big to reliably use alternate sites (it may be that
I just don't bleed well enough).

 I almost didn't find the special end cap when I got the meter, it was hidden in
a pocket of the case that came with the meter. These
 normally get shoved in a drawer, but when a pen exploded in my ususal diabetes
kit, I dug it out and discovered the special end cap.

 If you didn't get the special end cap, I'd call AccuChek and ask for it. Worst
case, you may have to buy the lancing device.

Good Luck!