[IP] Re:Disappointed in the Discovery Channel--More DM stuff that seems wrong

Barbara -

 <<however, this was due to the extremely high bgs (and probably DKA) when the
little guy was diagnosed. >>

 The attending physician at the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) was
extremely concerned about brain damage when Joshua was diagnosed. Joshua was in
PICU for 3 days with DKA. The dr. also told us that we almost lost him.

 We do set his basals high. His target range is 100-200, anything under 70, we
treat. He's had no lows since going on the pump, but I'm still trying to set the
basals to get him within range on a more consistent basis (my kid has reverse
"dawn phenomena").

Mom to Joshua, 3, dx'd. @ 20 mos.-Pumping Cozmo 6/3/03 & Jessie 21
western Massachusetts