Re: [IP] Deltec ordeal

When you install a new cartridge do you move the piston up and down with
a circular motion at least three times to distribute the lubricant?  I
can always feel the piston move more easily after doing this as I was
instructed, but don't always remember.  It is supposed to help maintain
a better seal also.  One thing I have never had was a leaking cartridge,
with either the Animas or the Cozmo.  You probably know all of this, so
sorry if it is just more of the same old information.  Even when I
re-use (oh no) a cartridge I pump the piston.  Gets rid of any old
insulin, too, so every thing by my recliner chair smells like bandaids!
I love that smell.

Hope you somehow solve your problem with the pump.

> Kevin would bolus and an error alert would come up detecting a
blockage. We'd
> look at the tubing and didn't see one, but tried to purge out some
insulin
> anyway. It would keep repeating the error over and over...one time,
the only
> thing that would clear it was to replace the batteries and new
insulin
> cartridge. When we called Deltec on Saturday, we spoke to a technical
person
> and they told us that we should change the cartridge every 3 days
(never
heard
> that before) and they will send us new cartridges that may be better
in the
> pump. (for those of you that have deltec - they said a solid white
line
around
> the bottom of the cartridge)
>
> TODAY, Kevin was bolusing his 10 u breakfast and it stopped in the
middle
with
> the same error and then said "system failure!" and has this terrible
ear
> piercing alarm! I was able to finish his bolus by unscrewing the
battery and
> replacing it (same one). When I called the company they are sending
us a new
> one...but he cannot use it today! Thank goodness we have a back up
pump -
> Disetronic....or we would be LOST!!!! I can't believe you are
expected to
wait