On 7/1/03 8:45 AM, "email @ redacted" <email @ redacted> Demonstrated
stellar typing skills  and mental acuity by writing:

> Is that why people are always so shocked when they hear that I have
> diabetes???? I honestly had no idea that diabetics were stereotyped this way.
> live
> an extremely busy life, lots and lots of volunteer postions, and whenever
> someone found out I was diabetic, they would look at me in shock and say
> "You're a
> diabetic?  Really?  Your kidding."  I wonder how many of them had the
> pre-disposed notion that diabetics are fragile and weak. I absolutly don't
> fall
> under that catagory.
> Karen

Heh heh, I guess so...I love it (NOT) when folks say "Geeze, you a diabetic?
You don't LOOK like one!" EEEEEEKKKKK!! Oh, man, I don't even ask what we're
supposed to look like....!

You and me both re: the busy life. But to be honest, I refuse to be 'sick' I
don't lay down and darken my rooms when I get a slight headache, I live and
carry on almost to spite the naysayer. Incidentally, the family nickname for
him is "Wimp-ston"...No joke.
--
Age is just a number, and mine is unlisted. :-)

AOL-wyldceltic1

Jenny Sutherland
http://www.wyldcelt.com