[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #365

In a message dated 6/30/2003 10:23:46 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> He told me how we were 'more delicate' and how
> our blood will thin out, and yada, yada, yada...

Is that why people are always so shocked when they hear that I have
 diabetes???? I honestly had no idea that diabetics were stereotyped this way. I
an extremely busy life, lots and lots of volunteer postions, and whenever
 someone found out I was diabetic, they would look at me in shock and say
"You're a
diabetic?  Really?  Your kidding."  I wonder how many of them had the
 pre-disposed notion that diabetics are fragile and weak. I absolutly don't fall
under that catagory.