[IP] Re: cancer and BG levels

> I was wondering if cancer would affect a person's glucose level. I just got
> call to come back for another view for a mamogram and since I won't know
> anything for a few days, I just wondered if anyone who has had the
> experience
> could give me some information. THank you in advance. Debby

Debby, I had breast cancer six years ago. (2cm lump, 2 positive lymph nodes,
partial mastectomy/lymph node removal, chemo, radiation. No recurrence and no
metastases, and no lasting problems from surgery or treatment.) I was 33 at
 the time, had been diabetic for 18 years, and was pretty well controlled on MDI
with lots of testing. My blood sugars never reflected any problem when I had
 the breast cancer. My body apparently did not read this cancerous lump or lymph
nodes as an infection or trauma, because my blood sugars fly up at the first
sign of these things. I'm very much hoping your mammogram comes back fine. If
you'd like to email me privately please feel free. I'll be thinking of you.