In a message dated 7/29/02 11:05:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> hey everyone, just wondering if you guys could comment on the use of the

      I just started walking after dinner because my BS tends to go high in
the evening, even without food,as My Endo noticed from my basal testing
results.  I would walk after dinner, test before and after, making sure my BS
was at least 100 before starting.  There were times when I would be around
130 before, and  170 two hours after walking, and then I would wake up at
around 1:00 AM with a BS of around 50. So, he said to set the temp basal at
1/2 my current basal rate 30-40 minutes before I exercise, and back to my
regular basal 1 hour after.  This was just yesterday, so I'm going to try it
out for the first time tonight.

     I read that the temp basal setting can also be used when you're sick, or
any time you need to increase or decrease your basal rate temporarily.