Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 17:53:42 -0700
From: Fred Griswold <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Insulin resistance and weight gain

Here's what Dr. Prendergast had to say about insulin
resistance and
weight gain:

When  the cells can't get the glucose from the blood
as easy as usual
we call this insulin resistance.  The insulin is to
facilitate this
into the cells but when it doesn't do it we call this
the reason for

The cells of the body feel they are starving and shift
to a metabolism
retains all calories and therefore you gain weight.

Dr. Joe
Dr Joe

Do You Yahoo!?