[IP] Re: Novolog switch

My son, Paul, has been pumping for two years. He started at age 6. Initially,
we had relatively good results with Humalog. However, we eventually noticed
that his numbers were becoming erratic for no reason and sites were only
lasting two days!! We finally switched to Novolog two weeks ago and we are
THRILLED with the results. Paul's numbers have evened out DRAMATICALLY. We
are experiencing some lows so I think we will have to adjust basals a bit. I
faxed Paul's CDE yesterday and am awaiting feedback. I have already cut his
breakfast bolus from 15:1 to 20:1 and he is still running within range or a
bit low.

For anyone who is struggling with erratic results and frequent site changes,
I recommend a talk with the endo team and a possible switch to Novolog. I
thought for a while that it was US, but it was the insulin.

Janice, proud mom to Paul, DX 20 months, now 8 and pumping since July 2000 at