Re: [IP] NovoRapid - revisited

  We switched Joshua (age 10.5, IPer at 8) to the Novolog last Nov.  On the
Humalog I was having to mix some regular in with it to act as a buffer.  Josh
was one of those that had bad site irritation after only 24 hours.  With the
mixture his sites would last forever.  But Josh also experienced a great deal
of stinging pain with bolusing.  So if the bolus was larger than one unit he
had to break it up into increments.  When he went on the Novolog the need for
mixing was gone.  Josh's sites last great without it.  No irritation at al.
AND, NO pain at all either, even with a large bolus.  Plus Josh's BGs are
more even, his average and A1C have dropped and Josh's TDD insulin need
dropped by about 10% right from the beginning.

This is our story.  But like this disease, it is a YMMV type of thing.

mom to Joshua