Re: [IP] Re: Emala Cream

email @ redacted
The tube we got did not come with patches - what are the patches for?

YES Tammie, these patches are used to cover the cream.  They are tape.  Cory
gets a small box that has a tube of cream and 2 of these patches so he can
use 1/2 tube of cream each time.  He gets 5 boxes with each prescription.  I
guess the Emala also comes in a larger tube but we've never gotten one like
that.  I would think that you do need to leave the cream on longer.  It takes
1 to  1 1/2 hours for Cory's site to get numb.  That's fine when it's a
planned change, but if you need to do an emergency site change that's a long
wait - especially if they were already high.  During those times we often do
an injection to hold him over.  He also does an injection if he has ketones
and then we change out the pump site.
Good luck,
Susan S.