Re: [IP] Re: beeswax about financial need

In a message dated 7/30/02 4:02:30 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Someone wrote....."This is certainly none of my beeswax, but if someone
> cannot afford some infusion sets, how do they intend to raise a child -
> which
> is extremely more costly than some supplies for the purpose of keeping one
> *healthy*?"
> I found this comment to be very , very insensitive.... I hope the person
> that
> wrote it never has to encounter financial distress. Espescially when it
> comes
> to raising a child with a chronic illness. It isn't the easiest thing to
> do...decide what is a priority and what is not. May you and your children
> flourish and never have to experience any hardships. I'm not sure how much
> infusion sets cost but I hope they are not too expensive.

I missed this post.....perhaps one needs to consider that the child came
before the diabetes and in my case before the divorce and termination of
rights from the man that used to beat me ...oh, and before my own health
started to fail.....I think it is always a good idea to not pass judgement
until you have walked a mile in someone's shoes....JMO...
Beverly, Mom to Mary, NINE!!, dx'd 9/97, pumping with Animas and Nickwho is
now ten!