Re: temp basal feature, was [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #494

As I said in another post, my daughter Shannon most
often uses the temp decrease, mainly for sleepovers at
friends' houses. We've also used the temp decrease for
sports, mainly swimming, starting it 2-3hours before we
want it to take affect. We've used the temp increase
feature during illness when more insulin is needed.
Sometimes we'll use the temp increase for meals that
have a lot of fat and/or protein that needs an extended
bolus (ie: do a little up front and extend the rest of
it over a few hours to cover the delayed carb

That's all that comes to mind at the moment. I bet
others will have other uses for it as well. :)

Bassem said:
hey everyone, just wondering if you guys could comment
on the use of the TEMP
BASAL feature... your comments will be very much