[IP] Re: Emla Cream

>>> How long are you guys leaving on Emla cream before doing infusions.
We're getting pain here after leaving on 30 minutes.  Any helpful hints also

I was recently Rx'd Emla Cream ($45.00 our copay) to numb my graft for
dialysis needles insertions. I was told to apply it an hour ahead of my
schedule. It did NOT work for me - very painful. I decided to try 2 hrs. and
it helped tremendously, but the affects wore off after 4 hrs. leaving me in
pain the remaining 2 hrs. of those 49" 15g needles. I was also told to apply
a piece of Saran Wrap over the cream so it would melt in. YMMV (~_^)

You can get used to anything - even hanging, if you hang long enough